March 4, 2009

The girliest thing about me is my enjoyment of Bath & Body Works products

I went back to Bath & Body Works last Friday because I wanted to buy a candle, and the White Barn candles they sell are the best candles around, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they updated the candles, so they sell all the signature Bath & Body Works smells as small, medium, and large candles instead of in just one frosted glass, medium-ish sized jar. So I bought the coconut lime verbena one, because that is far and away the best Bath & Body Works smell, but this is not really the point of the story.
The point of the story is that the theme of the month was apparently promoting the different families of smells, which were "the sexys," "the romantics," "the freshes," and "the cuddlers." Hilarious names, first of all. Second, moonlight path, the worst Bath & Body Works smell, is included in "the cuddlers" family, and girl, no one is gonna wanna cuddle you if you're wearing that smell, except your grandmother. Believe it.

Also, Mike's boyfriend works at Bath & Body Works down in Georgia somewheres, and he had to do a floorset on Sunday night, and oh, the sense of relief that I won't have to deal with that bullshit ever again was so delicious. David was heading off to work at 5:00 p.m., and I was still sitting on the couch in my pajamas, playing Super Paper Mario. That's what Sunday nights are for. I bet it's not that bad in other stores, though, because seriously, the Bath & Body Works at the Pheasant Lane Mall is quite possibly the largest Bath & Body Works of all time, and it makes changing the store around a grueling, thankless, hideous experience. Especially when the Devil was running the scene.

I miss the 30 percent discount, though, because $9.50 for a four ounce candle? Highway robbery!

No comments: