July 11, 2008

Blue crazeberry is the only acceptable chapstick flavor

Okay, I cannot escape this stupid "I Kissed a Girl Song." They played it at the bar last night, so of course all the lesbians were screaming along with the chorus, and now I can't get it out of my head. Also, when we were in line for some roller coaster last weekend, some teenage girl was singing it for her friends, and I was like, "Really? REALLY?" When something like that happens, it's hard not to wonder if it's, like, indirectly pointed at you, the obvious dyke in line in front of them. Or maybe that's just me, because I'm so vapid and narcissistic.

Also! There was this other time, Allison and I were on an escalator, and I had my hand on her ass, because sexually harassing my nearest and dearest friends is just my way, when some small child behind us said, "Lesbians!" in this, like, "Wow, they're real!" kind of voice. And Allison didn't even hear it! But I was like, "Oh my god, really? REALLY?" and I have since stopped groping my friends in public. More or less.

Anyway, the song is stupid, and it's been in my head for a week, and I don't understand why lesbians like it so much. You know what comes after "I kissed a girl and I liked it"? "I hope my boyfriend don't mind it." This is all about a girl getting all sapphic for the titillation of her straight male companions. That's not gay. I mean, I don't have a problem with it if that's what you wanna do, and you're not leading some poor dyke on--whatever gets your rocks off, children. But I don't need to hear it at the gay bar. You know?

No comments: