July 2, 2007

I is the subject pronoun; me is the object

Okay, so despite all my raving, I have two things to complain about concering Kelly's album. Since it's me (and since it's Kelly, who can do no other wrong), these things are grammatical. Number one, in the song "Don't Waste Your Time," she has written a line "...replaying memories in my head of you and I." Number two, in the song "Be Still," she has written a line "Here's my hand and my heart--it's yours to take."

Here's the only bad thing about her having written this thing herself: I have no one to blame but her for the preceding grammatical atrocities. And it pains me to have to do this, but even for Kelly, I cannot overlook these things. I even tried! And I really love "Be Still." But it still bugs the bajeesus out of me. However, I still love Kelly--always and forever.

No comments: