July 20, 2007

The other obsession

So Kelly's album isn't selling well or some shit. I don't understand. It's better than Thankful and Breakaway. Combined. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but whatever. It's the best album of 2007! (Sorry, The White Stripes) Also, people at work started talking slightly bad about her because of all this tour-canceling, record-bombing madness, and I nearly threw a shitfit. I mean, slightly bad, because these people couldn't really care less about the fate of the American Idol queen. But I can't control myself. I have never gone this bugfuck for a celebrity; it's almost embarrassing, except she's so magnificent, so who cares?

All this is a lead-in to this fact: as much as I love her, I actually hate one of the performances she did on AI, and I actually think--hold onto your hats--someone sang the song better on a later season. This song was "It's Raining Men," the gayest song in the entire world. Kelly tanked on it, but at that point in the season, I think all the judges knew she was going to win--or at least be in the finals--and they wanted her to be, so they totally didn't criticize her. But it sucked. And you know who did it better? That other friend to 'mos everywhere, Kimberley Locke. It took me four years to admit this to myself, people. I have a problem.

No comments: