December 26, 2008

No longer a music snob, part two

Here's a horrible story: I only bought (or...otherwise obtained, ahem) nine full-length albums released this year. As opposed to the, like, nine I bought last year. One of these is a comedy album, and the other is a movie soundtrack, so we'll say seven. Seven!

Anyway, here's the order in which I like them:

Top Seven Albums of 2008
1. Didn't It Feel Kinder - Amy Ray
Favorite songs: "Who Sold the Gun," "Cold Shoulder," "Stand and Deliver," "Rabbit Foot"

2. Flavors of Entanglement - Alanis Morissette
Favorite songs: "Underneath," "Not As We," "On the Tequila"

3. Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
Favorite songs: "The Chain," "You and I"

4. Summer Rains - The Ditty Bops
Favorite songs: "When's She Coming Home," "I Stole Your Wishes"

5. Volume One - She & Him
Favorite songs: "You Really Got a Hold on Me," "Black Hole"

6. Way to Normal - Ben Folds
Favorite songs: "You Don't Know Me" (with Regina Spektor), "Effington"

7. Weezer (Red Album) - Weezer
Favorite songs: "Pork and Beans," "Everybody Get Dangerous"

A lady-heavy list, indeed, including three lesbians, and the efforts from the boys I did not enjoy as much as I hoped I would. What did I miss this year? And where have I been?

1 comment:

sunnyday04 said...

Ahem. Purchased this Amy Ray album, you say? And... I never received a review. I wanted to know how you liked it, and I guess you musta enjoyed it a lot.