January 14, 2009

Alarming!

I have a question, people of the internet. I know no one who regularly or semi-regularly reads this blog will be able to answer my question or know what I am talking about, but maybe a googler or two could offer some insight. Some day. At the very least, I must express my displeasure.

Okay. In The Patchwork Girl of Oz, why oh why is Ojo covered with a Klan robe when he is taken to prison? "the soldier put upon the boy the jeweled handcuffs and white prisoner's robe with the peaked top and holes for the eyes." Like, what? What??? WHAT.

This is disturbing. All the kid did was pick a six-leaf clover, and now he's got to wander around the Emerald City like a Klan member? What does that mean?

Also, I know I'm a completist, and there are, like, twelve of these Oz books left, but oh my god, they suck. I'm totally throwing in the towel after I finish this one.

(Still better than Twilight, though!)

No comments: