October 10, 2008

Getting back into television

So I didn't say anything about the premiere of Grey's, because...I had other things on my mind, and there weren't nearly enough of the lesbians. However, I adored the way Hahn snapped Callie out of her self-doubt free-fall during the hypothermia therapy thing. They're good for each other.

This week was, like, so much better, mostly because there were a bunch of scenes showing the doctors, you know, interacting like friends again. Like at the lunch table when Alex smacks Cristina to test her pain threshold and then does it to Izzie in the elevator. And Callie throwing grapes at Sloane for teasing Erica! I love it all! Oh, and then when Cristina and Callie are bonding over their new apartment, and Izzie loses her mind. Like, it kind of sucks to be Izzie, but Callie and Cristina's faces were so hilarious. Plus, the way Izzie told her about the apartment was so vague, I don't blame Cristina for thinking that Izzie was doing her a favor. It's kind of retarded that she didn't just say, "Hey, I found this place, I need a roommate, what do you think?" But it allowed for that funny scene at the bar, so hooray! Plus, Izzie's not homeless, so I don't have to feel bad!

The good thing about the lesbians these days is that they are talking to each other. Erica freaks out about Sloane, and Callie tells her why he knows. She freaks out about Callie telling him things, tells Callie she doesn't understand it, so Callie explains. How mother-effin' mature! I really like that the only functional relationship on this show is the gay one. I give it two more weeks tops before it falls apart.

Sometimes I hate you, Grey's Anatomy.

No comments: