October 22, 2008

Nits, picked

Oh, boogers. The recapper at Television Without Pity makes a good point: How on earth could Hahn fail to pick up on Callie's utter terrifiedness about getting serious? Heart surgeons are supposed to be smart! And I know she made that confession about being socially awkward and weird (which made me fall in love with her), but unless she has, like, Asperger's she should be able to see that Callie has some extreme reservations about getting intimate with a lady. Even though Callie's the one who made the move in the first place...

Though that happens on tv all the time, doesn't it? A character has hesitations, and it's made obvious to the audience, but whoever the character's interacting with is totally oblivious.

Oh well. All this unlikeliness made the restaurant scene possible, so I will overlook it. But, you know, still complain about it.

Because if I can't pick apart the things I like, then why bother liking them? I have a terrible habit of, like, looking for things to criticize, even in things I love. Like Grey's. Or musical retellings of novels. Or, you know, Brandi Carlile's dubious intelligence. The only thing I've never done this with is, uh, 30 Rock.

I LOVE YOU TINA FEY.

No comments: