October 1, 2008

Not as good as Fenway, but I'll take it

Oh, internet! I finally got to see a Blue Jays game! Their last home game of the season, in fact! I have impeccable timing, and I decided to show up in Toronto on the exact day the Blue Jays were finishing their season. So I insisted that Allison take me to the Rogers Centre, and she was very obliging, and she didn't even yell at me when I got up to get the beer and then realized I'd spent more of my Canadian Monopoly money than I'd realized because of course I bought a super sweet hat with the old Jays logo on it as soon as we entered the dome. (It's so weird to watch a baseball game in a dome, by the way. Even with the roof open, it feels like you're inside--in fact, what it reminded me of was the University of Syracuse's gym where I got to see two games of the men's NCAA tournament a million years ago.) But it was so fun--I sure do love watchin' a baseball game in real life. And now I've been to one tenth of all the Major League Baseball stadiums!

Even better? The Jays totally murdalized the Yankees. Suck it, Yankees.

4 comments:

sunnyday04 said...

Minute Maid Park. Do come, do come. You are cordially invited. Hope you like the cheap seats.

Booknerd said...

Oh I love the cheap seats. That's where all the fun people sit, and then you have extra money for the $10 beers!

I'm in.

sunnyday04 said...

I can't believe I'm never going to see a game at Yankee Stadium. :( :( :( :( :( :(
I think that's enough sad faces, but I am a little depressed about this. I'd love to catch a game at Fenway or Wrigley. Or both?

As it is... I've only been to Minute Maid and, of course, the Astrodome.

Anyways, I'd totally love it if you could make it to a game in H-Town some day. That'd be awesome.

Booknerd said...

Well, I'd love to catch a game in Houston--if you come to a game in Boston.