June 7, 2008

I want my MTV back

OH MY GOD. Do you remember this old MTV commercial with the couples bein’ all weird underneath a tree? Like they’re all tryin’ to break up, but then they end up making out all crazy at the end? And the lesbian couple (!) has one of the dykes saying, “I love you but I’m not in love with you” and the other one saying “What does that mean?” Ryan and I did that forever after we saw that commercial. There’s also a gay couple. And the token straights. I have no idea when this commercial is from, but it’s from when I still watched MTV, so it’s pretty old, so hooray for the gays. Oh, so Creed’s doing the song at the end, so it’s from when Creed was a big deal, which was when I was in high school, so this really is old.

The best part, though? Sara Ramirez is one of the dykes! The “I love you but I’m not in love with you” one. I died. Look!

Dykier than Callie Torres could ever be. I LOVE IT.

The other thing I noticed about this commercial? The straight couple has fallen to the ground in a fit of passion, so it’s only the big homos making out onscreen at the end. I also love how everyone else goes right for the making out, but the lesbians hug first. This commercial was totally brilliant. It makes me weep for the state of MTV these days.

No comments: