June 6, 2007

Gather ye $3 shower gels while ye may

So the beginning of June means that Bath & Body Works has begun to put its entire store on sale. Three days only, shower gels are $3! Do you know how many $3 shower gels people will buy at once? Enough so that they end up spending at least forty dollars. What bananas. So this massive sale means that I get more hours at work, which means I get more money, but it also means I spend more hours at work. Last night was fun, though. I really do like almost all of the people there. Anyway, the $3 shower gel thing ends today, but I'm sure there will be more craziness soon enough.

Here is a thing that has literally been bothering me for years, but I don't believe I've ever publicly complained about it before. Way back in the day (eighth grade-ish?), I bought a Veruca Salt album, because, I mean, come on. They named their band after a character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! That was all I needed. However. Sometime later, I saw an interview clip of them on MTV News, in which they were, like, "Which one was Veruca Salt? The one that got turned into a blueberry?" And I freaked out, like I do when people get information about books incorrect. But seriously, bitches. Know where your band name comes from! That's like...I can't think of a good analogy right now, but it's like when people say things like, "This band did a cover of Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love'" when Soft Cell's version is in fact a motherfucking cover its own damn self. No, that's not so much an analogy as it is something else that bugs the crap out of me. (Okay, so even that is a bad example, because, like, a million people have done versions of "Tainted Love," but whatever. Okay, here, it's like, somebody saying, "Oh [some band] did a great cover of the Counting Crows' 'Big Yellow Taxi.'" Thankfully, I've never heard such blasphemy for real, because HELLO JONI MITCHELL. And why am I screaming? Oh, lord.)

Anyway. Blueberry girl? Violet Beauregard. Veruca Salt? Spoiled little shit who got dumped into the garbage.

No comments: