June 26, 2007

December in June!

Now if only the weather would cooperate a little...

Here’s the thing. I know it’s no secret that I love Kelly Clarkson, but seriously. I love her. I’ve spent all daaaay listening to her new album, and I love it. I love Kelly Clarkson because her voice is amazing (and she’s beautiful, but that is neither here nor there for the purposes of this story), and when she’s not singing catchy pop, it makes me so happy. Not that I don’t love the catchy pop. I mean, bitch please, we have “Since U Been Gone” on one of the BBW CDs, and I will sing along with it, full voice, in front of customers. Okay? Love it. But this album is more Girly Sounds than radiopop, and I LOVE it. I’ve wanted an album like this from Kelly since she sang “Stuff Like That There” on American Idol. Especially non-pop are the bonus tracks from iTunes, “Dirty Little Secret” and “Not Today.” They’re awesome. The whole thing’s awesome. I can’t even handle how awesome it is. I actually want to cry, because she’s not touring with this awesome record. Fucking record industry. Fucking Boston Garden! Why couldn’t she just play the Verizon Center again? She sold that bitch out.

Some assmunch said a good title for this record would be Jagged Little Idol. Poor Alanis. She is never, never going to live down “You Oughta Know,” is she? It is true that when I first heard “Never Again,” I instantly thought of Alanis’s kiss-off to Joey Gladstone, but seriously, people. Girls get mad at guys all the time—just because they write an angry song about it doesn’t make them all Alanises. Although, I suppose Kelly’s record is introspective and occasionally angry, much like Jagged Little Pill. Still. The Alanis reference is just tired. It’s a cliché these days, twelve years after Jagged Little Pill came out.

No comments: