June 22, 2007

Overly dramatic book post!

Once again, I have run out of room for my collection of books. These days, my books reside in two bookcase-ish things from the Mill Store, two actual bookcases, and four wooden crates stacked on top of each other in order to resemble a bookcase. A few weeks ago, I dumped my Buffy the Vampire Slayer lollipop tin of change into a CoinStar machine, got an Amazon.com gift certificate, and purchased ten more books. I have read five of them so far. And then, immediately afterwards, I received a $50 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble for my birthday. I still haven't spent it. You guys. This is the longest I've ever gone in my entire existence without spending all of a Barnes & Noble gift certificate in one fell swoop. A week and a half! I've only been able to show such restraint, because I just bought ten books. But when I've read those ten books, watch out, B&N. And then I won't have anywhere to put them. That is my problem. All my books fit in my bookcases now, but when I get more, as I inevitably will (because $50 of unspent book money, hello), there will be no room! And I have no room for another bookcase/wooden crate tower. This is undoubtedly a recipe for tragedy. But I will figure something out. I shall prevail.

1 comment:

Gerhard said...

I had the same problem - and partly still do - but then I found Bookcrossing. It is a worldwide community of people who share books at www.bookcrossers.com
You can give the books to somebody, exchange books or even release them into the wild. I keep the good ones and give away the others.