August 21, 2007

Ow.

That title has nothing to do with this post, it's just what came out, because I slammed my leg into the side of my desk while trying to adjust my seat. So, there.

I have this problem, where I always have this urge to write, but then I never have anything to say. This is especially problematic when trying to craft a work of fiction. So I've put that aside for a while until, um, my life becomes less boring.

For example (of boringness): My dilemma of the moment is whether or not I should buy the My So-Called Life DVDs coming out in October. This should be a no-brainer, but I already have a set of My So-Called Life DVDs--that apparently was in print for, like, two weeks. I think I got it used at Newbury Comics. But, anyway, this new set is so much prettier! And it has extras and crap! And...Mike still has my Popular DVDs, and I must remember to get those back. Anyway, I believe I already waste my money, so what's one more purchase of something I don't actually need, but would prefer owning to what I actually own? At least it's not a car.

Here is a thing that is a crime: Brandi Carlile is somehow not breathtakingly beautiful in the music video for "The Story." I don't get it, because she most definitely is breathtakingly beautiful in person and in the tour photos I've seen. But not so much when she's professionally dolled up. I'm baffled.

Also, I've been watching this YouTube video of her and the twins doing a cover of the Beatles' "I've Just Seen a Face," and for some reason, in that video, she reminds me of Paul, when he was young and the cute one. Something about the cheeks...

No comments: