August 2, 2007

Would you people just finish Deathly Hallows already so I can write about it without issuing spoiler warnings?

Even though no one reads this thing, I was so thoroughly berated by one friend I'll call...Michelle Balls that I am taking precautions.

Deathly Hallows info follows.

Okay, so I totally forgot to talk about my favorite thing about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: we finally get some information on Ravenclaw! I self-identify as a Ravenclaw, because as far as I can tell, it is the house of nerds. Why Hermione is not in it, no one will ever be able to explain to me satisfactorily. Anyway, I was going crazy, because I am total Ravenclaw material, and I knew nothing about the house except that its dorms were in a tower. And it had a lady founder. And Ravenclaws are all smart. I wanted more! And by golly, I got a bit more, even info on the real identity of the Grey Lady. Oh, that was the other thing I knew: their house ghost was the Grey Lady. And Flitwick was their Head.

My fave part was the security system in place at the tower--you have to answer a question or wait for someone who could answer the question to come along to gain admittance, and that way, as Luna says, you learn something. This means, I suppose, that a non-Ravenclaw who happened to be brilliant (such as Ms. Granger) could get into their tower, which is disconcerting, so I mostly just loved the complete nerdiness of it.

Now, here is how fast I read the end of Deathly Hallows: I forget what the diadem even is. Seriously. I am very disappointed in myself.

No comments: