August 30, 2007

Lesbians love cats. Right?

Okay, almost more than I want to see Brandi Carlile in concert again (almost), I want to adopt a pair of kittens. A brother and sister pair. They would be all tiny and cute, and I have dorky names picked out for them already that I won't share until I actually possess said pair of kittens. And then this will most likely turn into a cat blog.

Whatever! I miss having a cuddly pet. That stupid betta fish did not cut it. I think next weekend, once my brother's all cleared out and back in Connecticut, I'm going to do a stealth kitten adoption. My mother is not thrilled about getting another cat, but she will be powerless if I just spring the two most adorable kittens in Nashua upon her one Saturday afternoon. Thomas may even be a willing accomplice...

So since Brandi Carlile is apparently the only thing I can talk about (other than...cats), let me bitch about something. Way back in the fall of 2005, when I was a senior at PC College, she fucking played a show there. Did I see it? Of course not, because that is how my luck rolls. She was opening for Howie Day, and I was camping with Mike, Eric, and Laura that weekend. I didn't think I'd be missing much, since Howie Day can eat my shorts, man, so I was, like, "Yes! Camping!" And the camping was grand. But do you know what would have been grander? Meeting Brandi Carlile. Do you know who got to meet her? Effin' Jess. Who met her again this past July while I was at Bath & Body Works. Why am I always doing something other than meeting Brandi Carlile??? Christ. Oh, speaking of Our Lord, I realized that he is the only non-Brandi Carlile topic of which there is a picture on my blog. And that's how it should be, isn't it?

Anyway! She was at my school! And I was not there! And I possibly hadn't even heard of her yet! But that is not the point. If I had been there, I would have gone to the concert, because my friends went, and I would have fallen in love and then gotten all shy and retarded when Jess dragged me up to meet her. Seriously. I want to meet her, but I'm also terrified of meeting her. I feel that exact same way about Kelly Clarkson. Like, what could I possibly have to say to these girls? Other than, "I totally love you! And...I'm a big dork." I can't even think of things to say to regular girls--how would I talk to the two most beautiful girls on earth? (Am I going a little hyperbolic? Perhaps. But they're both so pretty.) When I met Guster and Dane Cook, I was all retarded and tongue-tied, and they're boys. Why am I so lame?

No comments: