September 21, 2008

Did I say dorking out yesterday? Today is so much worse.

Some days ago, Allison and I were fantasizing about having millions of dollars, and she said something about me buying an iPod for every day of the week, and even though she was totally making fun of me, ever since then I haven't been able to get the idea out of my head.

Mind you, I am fully aware of how stupid, useless, and wasteful that would be. If I had millions, I would certainly use them for my own enjoyment, but I also hope I would avoid the five cars, overly large house pitfall and use good portions of my riches to help others. By which I mean, I would hopefully not buy a bunch of expensive things I clearly don't need just because I can.

However. Sometimes I still selfishly fantasize about the fun of having eight different iPods--seven nanos for each day of the week and one classic to hold music and videos. Okay, the only reason this occupies my nerdiest fantasies is that Apple released the nanos in all these pretty colors. I could use the red one on Mondays, and it could be full of certain kinds of Monday-ish songs, and then the blue one on Tuesdays, etc. (Awesomely enough, there are nine different colors of nanos, so I wouldn't even have to buy a pink one to carry out this plan.) I would totally color-coordinate/day-coordinate my music library too, which is, um, ridiculous, but oh, the joy it would bring to my nerdy little heart.

So I'm sad to say that if I had millions, I would probably buy seven iPod nanos and then start obsessively going through my library, making lists of which songs to put on which color for which day. Maybe I will do that anyway, for the phantom iPod nanos I will never buy, because I will never have millions.

What I should buy instead of seven iPods I don't need (really, what is wrong with me?) is an Apple TV. That would be rather awesome. However, we have this whole fancy home theater thing set up now, and I could not add an Apple TV to that mess myself, because I am, sadly, not that geeky, so I would have to go to Tweeter and buy the Apple TV and then ask nicely if they can come over and hook it up for me. Which they would do. For extra dough, most likely. But! Worth it. Plus, I could buy the cheaper one, because I'd have all my media on my computer and wouldn't need to store it locally on the box itself, thus saving myself the money I will have to spend on an installation. Oh, boo.

Told you it was dorkier today.

1 comment:

LYDIA said...

I have thought the same thing about iPods. I want several - but I want to categorize them by music type. Genres, moods, etc. I still think I want to do this!