September 15, 2008

Makin' up words and song lists

The other day I made a playlist that I entitled "Nerdelation," which was basically a collection of my nerdiest songs--either songs nerds would enjoy or songs that just seem fundamentally nerdy to me. I don't know. I am not explaining this very well, but I totally dug it, so now I want to share it.

Nerdelation: Twenty-Five Songs for and Inspired by Nerds
1. Hey Sandy - Polaris (which was the theme song to The Adventure of Pete & Pete)
2. Rock This Bitch - Ben Folds
3. Do It with Madonna - The Androids
4. No Reason - Ben Kweller
5. Down with Disease - Phish
6. Mr. Mastodon Farm - Cake
7. Bats in the Belfry - Dispatch
8. Sister Kate - The Ditty Bops
9. Geek in the Pink - Jason Mraz
10. I'm Downright Amazed at What I Can Destroy with Just a Hammer - Atom & His Package
11. Piggies - The Beatles
12. My Dad Is Rich - Draco and the Malfoys
13. If You Want to Wear a Hat - Apples in Stereo
14. My Name Is Jorge - The Gourds
15. Chemistry - Semisonic
16. XFIRE - The Bens
17. Suspended in Gaffa - Kate Bush
18. Experimental Film - They Might Be Giants
20. When You Were Mine - Tegan and Sara
21. Jessica - Adam Green
22. Wrapped Up in Books - Belle & Sebastian
23. Three Is a Magic Number - Blind Melon
24. Thank You, Mario, But Our Princess Is in Another Castle - The Mountain Goats & Kaki King
25. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon & Rudy Giuliani
26. Chordless - Jess Kaps

Intrigued? I burn CDs!

Heh. I know this was probably fun for only me, but I thought I'd throw it out there to the world.

Oh! Just for fun, let's see what Genius gives me for songs based upon "Hey Sandy":
1. Hey Sandy - Polaris
2. These Days - Nico
3. Experimental Film - They Might Be Giants
4. F.N.T. - Semisonic
5. Step into My Office, Baby - Belle & Sebastian
6. Thirteen - Big GStar
7. Kids in America - The Muffs
8. Tired of Sex - Weezer
9. Stop! - The Bens
10. Jessica - Adam Green
11. Army - Ben Folds
12. Drain You - Nirvana
13. Science vs. Romance - Rilo Kiley
14. Summerbaby - Polaris
15. When I Grow Up - Garbage
16. Singing in My Sleep - Semisonic
17. Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco
18. King of the Rodeo - Kings of Leon
19. Keep Fishin' - Weezer
20. Wasted & Ready - Ben Kweller
21. Honestly - Zwan
22. If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian
23. Alright - Supergrass
24. Come On Eileen - Save Ferris
25. It's a Hit - Rilo Kiley

Well. This actually isn't a bad playlist, but it's not nerdy enough. And I totally should have put Weezer on my playlist, but I would have picked "In the Garage," which is quite possibly the nerdiest of all their nerdy songs. And Genius and I only had two songs in common besides "Hey Sandy," but we had a few artists in common. So. Not bad, Genius, not bad.

No comments: