September 5, 2008

Let's talk about Gossip Girl

I got distracted during the season premiere, so I missed a lot of it, and I finally got to watch it again, so here are some thoughts!

We were clearly meant to think that blonde lady Nate was making out with in the beginning was Serena, huh? I didn't fall for it. You know who she is? (This was bugging me all Monday night.) Sherry from Gilmore Girls. You know what this reminds me of? Pacey and the English teacher. Except all Upper East Side-y.

Dan the playboy is pretty gross. Dan the anything is pretty gross. He's so judgmental! I don't know. Serena is too good for him.

And what happened to Serena's evil grandmother? I liked it better when she hated Dan.

But this was pretty awesome. Serena catches Dan's hypocrisy in action!
You know the one character who hit me in the gut this time? Chuck. Chuck's still icky, and his heart is still two sizes too small, but he has one! And it has feelings! Even if icky Chuck can't tell Blair he loves her he does, as well as his Grinch-sized heart can. Blair deserves better than a Grinch-sized heart, of course, so I don't blame her for walking away, but it was so. Sad.
I have to say... I kind of still hate Jenny, even though she's being nice again. And Eric needs a friend! Maybe Eric can make her likable. I love Eric. I love him--I love him even more when he's bonding with Chuck. I love how Chuck was the one he told about being gay. I can't believe I love the boys more than the girls these days. I can't believe I felt worse for Chuck than I did for Blair.

What has become of me?

Oh, wait. This'll bring things back to normal.
Oh, white parties. Brilliant idea, apparently. (Even Dan looks good! What is happening?)

No comments: