April 13, 2008

I am excited about this

From this Yahoo! Movies article on up-coming Disney animated films: "Another new original fairy tale, 'The Bear and the Bow' -- an action-adventure about a royal family in rugged and mythic Scotland -- is slated to open Christmas 2011 starring the voices of Reese Witherspoon, Billy Connolly, and Emma Thompson."

Also! Apparently, all of Disney's animation projects in the works (except for two) will be made in digital 3D. They have plans for only one hand-drawn animated film, The Princess and the Frog, which makes me sad, because I am a hand-drawn animated Disney film junkie. But I also love Pixar's stuff, and I really love stuff that's in 3D. So...I'm happy they have at least one old-school animated movie in the works.

They're making Toy Story 3, which I'm sure will not be a bad movie, but is it really necessary? Is Cars 2? Sequels make me tired, but the original projects sound like they have potential, so... I'll just be sitting here, dorkily anticipating the new Disney movies.

Oh! I'm also really excited about Pixar's newest movie, Wall E., which is coming out in June. The trailer killed me.

But, anyway, a fairy tale that takes place in mythic Scotland and incorporates Emma Thompson? How could that be anything less than awesome?

No comments: