April 13, 2008

Where did this even come from?

So I used to watch All My Children, because (I'm sure this reason shall shock you) Erica Kane's younger daughter is a lesssssbian, and, like, the non-lesbian storylines were usually awesome and ridiculous too, so it was entirely entertaining. But the lesbian thing was so drawn out. For, like, years Bianca and her bff Maggie did this dance of "Are we going to get together?" Because Maggie is ostensibly straight, and, to make things even weirder, Bianca had dated her dead twin sister. I missed the dead twin sister thing, but I think I heard that she was murdered, and for a while Erica was a suspect because she was totally not cool with her daughter's being a dyke for a while. Oy, and then Bianca had a thing with this older woman who was...working for Michael Cambius? I fucking forget, but she was playing Bianca, and Bianca was in love, and the older lady probably fell in love too, but then her double-crossing got exposed, and Erica was all pissed, but Bianca forgave her--or wanted to forgive her? And Erica was so desperate to get her away from this woman--Lena! That was her name--that she tried to set Bianca up with other girls. And that, I think, was the first indication I received that Erica was over the homophobia, more or less.

But, anyway, the Bianca and Maggie thing went on for a million years until Bianca got a job offer in France, and she asked Maggie to come with her, and at the very last minute, Maggie appeared on the private jet, and they disappeared off the show. Then Bianca came back, but I had stopped watching at that point. I think she came back alone, so obviously, she and Maggie didn't work out!

Oh, and did I mention that Bianca had a baby? Yeah. She was raped and impregnated--just like her mother (that's how we got Kendall!)--and she kept the baby. Or wanted to keep the baby. She gave birth in the middle of a storm with her friend Babe, who was also pregnant at the time, and then Babe had her baby, and one of the babies disappeared, and Babe knew it was her baby, but she stole Bianca's! And told Bianca her baby was dead! When in reality somebody from one of ABC's other soap operas stole Babe's baby, so she stole Bianca's, and then I think this all got resolved at Christmas time when JR pushed Bianca off a balcony and into a coma, and Tad and whoever finally obtained the proof that baby Bess was actually Bianca's daughter Miranda, and Erica and Kendall put Miranda in comatose Bianca's arms, and she woke up and lived happily ever after!

Why did I stop watching this show?

No comments: