April 8, 2008

Too gay to function, part infinity

Okay, so I've professed my love for Candace Parker, and you know I'm thrilled to see Tennessee win the championship, but some of those Stanford girls were cute, too. I became particularly enamored of Jayne Appel, who seemed to be the only one able to finish her plays, even if she was havin' trouble at the foul line. And Roslyn Gold-Onwude was totally adorable in that cheesy pre-game get to know the players thing when they were talkin' about how the Stanford players were jocks and nerds (hmm, maybe I am rethinking my impending betrothal to Candace Parker), and she was like, "Well, I'd lose a dunk contest to Candace Parker, but maybe we could have a math contest, do some derivatives." Come on. I swooned a little bit, even though I hate calculus. But anyone who is that dorky gets a little bit of love from me.

But Candace Parker is apparently 6'5" according to ESPN (6'4" according to Wikipedia), so...she wins.

Also! Nikki Anosike was awesome. Six steals for a post player. Love it.

Both teams were kind of a mess in the second half, but Tennesse's defense in the first half totally sealed it. I decided. Maybe ESPN agrees with me. But whatever. I said it first!

And cheers to Pat Summitt, the greatest college basketball coach in the history of college basketball. That woman is somethin' else.

1 comment:

Allison said...

dyke, dyke, dykedykedyke!
hehe.