February 10, 2009

Tuesday morning blog fun!

Because this amuses me and possibly one other person, I wanted to do this again. I modified the shuffle settings a little bit, by which I mean I shrunk my library pool with the hope of eliminating the obscure songs and the Muppets soundtracks, so hopefully this one should be more entertaining. (The way I play this game for myself is that I try to write out the first line before it's actually sung. Just so you know what I get out of this.)

1. People live their lives for you on tv
2. You come out at night
3. I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman
4. All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
5. You got a fast car
6. Get a load of me, get a load of you
7. When the day is long, and the night, the night is yours alone
8. People are talkin', talkin' 'bout people
9. I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' about half-past dead
10. Must be getting early, clocks are running late
11. You think that we connect
12. The world has turned and left me here
13. I tell you how I feel, but you don't care
14. She's got the kind of look that defies gravity
15. Stand in the place where you live
16. Sunny came home to her favorite room
17. Closing time, open all the doors and let you out into the world
18. One, two princes lived before you
19. I'm broke but I'm happy
20. Well I saw fireworks from the freeway
21. You'll say that we've got nothing in common
22. How many times do I have to try to tell you that I'm sorry for the things I've done
23. Busted a flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' for a train
24. I didn't ask--you shouldn't have told me
25. I am driving up 85 in the kind of morning that lasts all afternoon
26. A long December, and there's reason to believe
27. Friday night, I'm going nowhere
28. He wakes up in the morning
29. Oh make me over
30. All last summer, in case you don't recall

Answers tomorrow afternoon! Guess away, anyone. Full disclosure: I got 25 of these, so they're definitely easier.

No comments: