February 27, 2009

Yes, I know Blake Sennett also sings

So I enjoy Rilo Kiley quite a bit, so their songs often make appearances on the Weekly Mix Tapes, which I play in the car, and Mike has asked me "who is this?" at least twice during a Rilo Kiley song, and every time I tell him, he goes, "I like her." He has heard of Rilo Kiley before, I know, but he doesn't seem aware that they're a band. This drives me crazy, that he thinks Rilo Kiley is the name of the singer (it's Jenny Lewis, nerds), and I corrected him once a million years ago, and he got all defensive and brought up, like, No Doubt and Gwen Stefani to defend his use of "her" instead of "them," but who ever listened to a No Doubt song and only referred to "her"? So I haven't brought it up since, but both subsequent times I have wanted to say, "Rilo Kiley is a band, you know," but I keep fighting this snobbish urge.

I guess I'm growing or some shit.

This reminds me of the time Carlos and I made fun of Jess for thinking Led Zeppelin was a guy, not a band, but apparently it wasn't Jess who thought that. I was sure this happened, and now I'm hoping it did, except Lauren was the maroon who thought Led Zeppelin was a guy, but she's that smart. Or maybe it was Martha! Oh, god, it could have been any one of our friends, huh.

(As an utter aside, I wikipedia'd Rilo Kiley to look up Blake's last name, and dude. He was Ronnie Pinsky on Salute Your Shorts. Bangarang.)

No comments: