September 27, 2007

AI concert review continued!

Phil Stacey













He was another one I never really got the appeal of, and he always looked so sickly on tv, but he wasn't bad. He sang that song with Gina, and he was having a great time, and I may have even liked him, but there's only room in my heart for one bald musician named Phil, and it sure ain't this guy. He also did "Blaze of Glory" and some smurfy patriotic medley with the girls that started out with "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" and went into "God Bless America," and the girls kept laughing which was really the only compelling thing about it.

Chris Richardson
I think this is the only picture I have of just him, and I don't even know why I (or Jess) took it--we both hate him. He, I think, was my least favorite contestant, because, well, Sanjaya's just a kid. What's this loser's excuse? Anyway, he did a kind of sweet duet with Jordin, where they both played acoustic guitars (because they are Serious Artists!), and he did "Geek in the Pink" and some beatbox war with Blake, and I was so not impressed. Fortunately, he was just kind of always in the background, and I never really had to pay attention to him.

LaKisha Jones
Oh, LaKisha. I didn't really understand her--maybe she's just more mellow than the other spazmatoids of season six, but she didn't seem to be having a whole lot of fun. Though she did giggle with all the other girls during their turn as Phil's back-up singers. And she did absolutely blow "I Will Always Love You" to pieces. She was not really one of my faves on the show, but she can sing, y'all, and that performance was killer.

1 comment:

California Girl said...

Good Morning! I went to both the Salt Lake City and the Virginia Beach concerts - a friend of mine played in the band. I enjoyed the concert and appreciated it for what it was - kids out there, doing their best and enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. To me all of them, for the most part, sang the best they could and while I didn't particularly like a couple of them, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.