September 25, 2007

A random exercise

Top 8 Most Played Songs in My iTunes (non-repeating artists)
1. Closer to You - Brandi Carlile (Not actually my favorite Brandi Carlile song, but it is the one I've been listening to the most. Um, clearly.)
2. Don't Waste Your Time - Kelly Clarkson (I don't even know why, since this isn't even my favorite song from My December)
3. I've Just Seen a Face - The Beatles
4. You Picked Me - A Fine Frenzy
5. A Case of You - Joni Mitchell
6. Fireworks - from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
7. If It Were Up to Me - Rooney
8. Rock and Roll Heaven's Gate - Indigo Girls

Other than the Brandi Carlile and the Kelly Clarkson, these kind of surprised me. While we're talking about iTunes, though, can I just tell you my new favorite thing about it? I have discovered (belatedly) that you can sort your songs/albums by something different than the display song/artist/album. So, for example, all my Brandi Carlile songs display "Brandi Carlile" as the artist, but they're sorted as "Carlile, Brandi," so that you have to go to the C section to find her. I did that with all of my artists who go by their first and last names. It took forever, but it made me so happy that I kept going with it. Ever since I started loading my music onto my computer, way back when the internet was first invented (um, or 1999), it's bugged me that the songs, if you had them ordered alphabetically by artist, would be arranged by the artist's first name, unless you changed the file info to the "Carlile, Brandi" crap. That's why iTunes is so amazing! She displays as "Brandi Carlile," but she's sorted as "Carlile, Brandi!" Just like my actual CD collection. Ryan Adams is in the As, Alanis is in the Ms, Ben Folds is in the Fs, Lisa Loeb is in a different place in the Ls--it's beautiful.

No comments: