September 21, 2007

First sign of morning is grey and alarming

Mike does not like the Beatles. He says they're boring and that he doesn't like "old people music." Are you effing shitting me? "Old people music." The Beatles are timeless, and they are far from boring, and they've probably influenced at least half of the artists he likes. That girl I talk about too much, for example. And I guess this means he won't go see Across the Universe with me.

Speaking of the Beatles and that girl I talk about too much, I kind of feel like "Late Morning Lullaby" is her "I'm Only Sleeping." Of course I effing love both of those songs. I wish I were sleeping. Leave me where I am, man. (That means you, Charles Wallace.)

Haha, I forgot I had "Hollerback Girl" in my iTunes. It's still fun. I think we may have sung it tripping home from the Peddlar's Daughter some summer night before we graduated from college. Obviously the "this shit is bananas" part.

No comments: