September 26, 2007

Snob alert

Well, now I'm scared. Apparently, strangers have found this blog (well, one), and I just realized how effing ridiculous I must sound to people who don't know me (and quite possibly to the people who do). But what was I expecting, putting all this crap on the internet? I think I should cool it on the Brandi Carlile thing, though--that was getting insane.

Except, let's still talk about her music. Big ups to the aforementioned stranger for getting me the lyrics to Brandi's new songs, but if those lyrics legit came straight from the source, then I am distraught, because it means girl can't spell. Or use apostrophes. And you know how important those things are to me. I'm just hoping the words got filtered through somebody, somehow, who had to use his or her own interpretive spelling in order to share Brandi's songs with the internet.

You know how I looked past those grammatical things for Miss Clarkson? I think I could do it for Brandi.

Oh! But the best thing is that the lyrics to "How These Days Grow Long" actually do include "a tin can for the road"! Haha! Usually, I don't hear crazy things like that in songs unless they're there.

No comments: