August 30, 2008

My mom talks a lot during movies

I saw the pants movie with my mom today, which is about all the excitement I can handle in one day, and it was exactly what I expected it would be, cheesy fluff featuring four pretty, pretty ladies. Amber Tamblyn is the best when she's being funny; Alexis Bledel will never be anything but Rory Gilmore (but she's pretty, so I don't care); America Ferrera is the hottest; and Gossip Girl starts on Monday, so Blake Lively is my current favorite. Goodness, she's so beautiful. And! They left out the Bridget messes around with a married man part of her storyline, so that was a big plus for the movie as far as I was concerned. Plus, the hot foreign lady they got to play her archaeological mentor was hot. And foreign. Two thumbs up. Oh my! And it was Blythe Danner as her grandma. I was like, "Hey, that lady looks like Blythe Danner." I'm a genius.

The movie tried to squish all three of the sequels into one thing, more or less, and I remember almost nothing from books two and three, and I read the fourth book in May, and that's a little shaky, but on the whole, I think it did a pretty admirable job. Not like the books are that great--but I still remember being all, "Well, that's not how it happened in the book" during the movie. I can't help it--it's a complusion. Though, I have no idea what I was thinking that in reference to.

4 comments:

sunnyday04 said...

I thought we were friends. ;)

Booknerd said...

What're you saying? You can't be my friend because I like the pants movie?

sunnyday04 said...

That is, um, exactly what I'm so clearly hinting at. But, then you called it the pants movie, which kind of makes me like you again.

And I like America Ferrara, but not enough to look up how to spell her name. It's late, I'm tired-- pants movie. Fail!

But, football season started today and your pats are going to suck. Awwww. Poor New England.

Booknerd said...

Yes, well, I like baseball better anyway.

Tom Brady is a disaster.