February 5, 2008

I'm angry and boring (part 2)

I learned some disturbing news today: Brandi Carlile once toured, albeit it briefly, with Hanson. What a ridiculous combination. Also, according to this interview, she shockingly enough finds police uniforms sexy. This is something we have in common. I, however, would never date a cop. Well, probably. If it was a cop who looked like Brandi Carlile, I'd be all about it. Oh, lord, my brain just went to a place I really wish it hadn't.

West Virginia is now no longer part of these United States. Seriously.

So last night was inventory night at work, and it sucked. Actually, the first part, when we were all hanging out in the back and double-counting boxes and taking away product that was marked out of stock was pretty all right. I was paired up with Tammy, who was kinda punch drunk, so we were laughin' a lot--and even the inventory lady we were double-counting for thought we were hilarious. Abbie and the Chief were working elsewhere, and Tammy and I missed them, so we took a five minute break to goof off with them, and Tammy was all, "Emily and I are working together tonight--I hope that's all right with you, Abbie," because Abbie and I always do shipment and stock and floorsets together. We are double trouble--and when Abbie's pregnancy was this deep, dark secret that only I knew (at work, anyway), I was charged with sticking to her side and not letting her lift heavy boxes of lotion. And she was charged with bossing me around. Anyway, and then Sue was like, "But when do I get to work with Emily?" And I was like, "Eep." And then Melissa (!), who also works at my day job but in another department, put her arm around me (!) and was all, "Well, technically I get to work with her every day," in this braggy voice, and I was like, "Melissa, you never see me." I get so embarrassed when people put me in the center of attention spot like that. And then Tammy and I were like, "You know what would be good right now? Twizzlers." And Jen overheard us and was like, "I just bought some!" And she shared. Jen, the hero of Bath & Body Works inventory night, e'rybody. Those Twizzlers really hit the spot.

Then the Devil yanked me out of the back to help out on the sales floor, which was so not as fun, and Tammy kept cracking everybody else up in the back, so I got cranky and jealous and started trying to covertly send text messages as I ticked off the minutes until eleven o'clock and freedom. The inventory people were nowhere near done when we all left, and the Devil and Liz had to stay until they finished, but whatever! I have a real job.

Charles wouldn't let me sleep again last night. This is a problem, because he's usually fast asleep on my bed when I get ready for bed, and he's so cute when he's sleeeeeeping, so I just leave him there and go to bed, and then he wakes up, all ready to play at two or three, so I have to lock him out, and then sometimes he starts whining and scratching at the door and sometimes he doesn't. Last night, he did, but I finally got rid of him, but then he started whining at 6:30, and he wouldn't leave me alone, so I got to work all cranky and irritated, and my mood's not much improved.

I'm so excited that such a large percentage of eligible voters are going to the polls today. I hope a lot of them are young, just because I hate it when my generation doesn't give a fuck. It is time to give a fuck, people! Something must be done about the state of this country!

Aw, Christ. My phone just vibrated, and I was like, "Ooh, text message!" But no. It was a voicemail from Bath & Body Works. Ally wants me to close with her tonight. Ally is far and away my favorite manager, but I just cannot work tonight. I am so tired. Boo. Because I have to work on Thursday, and the Devil is closing on Thursday. Double boo. Triple boo! This stupid job. What even am I still doing there?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The word around is that Brandi's lady is a cop so my guess is that she would find police uniforms sexy. :P

Booknerd said...

Yeah...that's kind of what I was alluding to when I said I would probably never date a cop.