February 24, 2008

Tinatinatina!

Let's talk about SNL, baby. First of all, despite the fact that I've been counting down the days for this episode ever since I'd heard about it and the other fact that Jess called me at 7-ish to ask if I knew Tina Fey was hosting, reminding me that I'd totally forgot about SNL, you know, airing on Saturday (or the fact that yesterday was Saturday, whatever), I totally forgot to set the DVR to record it. So there I was, sitting on Mike's couch at, like, ten, somewhat drunk, and it all came to me. Tina Fey! DVR! I had forgotten! So, in a panic, I went upstairs and called my little brother and begged him to set up the DVR for me--and he did! I almost like him now!

Anyway, so let's really talk about SNL now. And how, as always, the only worthwhile bit was "Weekend Update." I got so excited to see Tina back at the Update desk--I'm such a giddy nerd. And she was perfect. So perfect I am going to tell myself she wrote her women's news thing herself. Even the presence of Mike Huckabee (WHAT THE FUCK) could not ruin the awesomeness of Tina back at "Update" (I, of course, prefer 30 Rock, but I loved her turn on "Weekend Update"--it's what made me fall in love with her. Well, that and the glasses.) Also, why couldn't Wilco have been the musical guest this week? Carrie Underwood? Really? REALLY? I hate that betch.

Um, so, yeah. I was disappointed in all of the sketches--especially in the fact that, even though she was the host, Tina was hardly in them. Sigh. I did like the "Lady Business" promo at the end, though, and her totally glamorous job of removing animals from beneath buildings with a special animal vacuum or a hook. Hot.

Anyway, it was worth the frantic call to my brother, and I guess it'll tide me over till 30 Rock starts airing again and Baby Mama comes out. Oh! The preview for Baby Mama probably made me laugh harder than any of the SNL sketches. "I'm sorry I yelled at you." "I'm sorry I farted in your purse." How am I supposed to wait till April 25??? How?

No comments: