February 1, 2008

Mostly about t-shirts

So this crazy thing happened this morning, and I didn't even remember it until now because I was half-asleep when it happened, but anyway. My mom woke me up, demanding a Patriots shirt because it's Patriots Day at her school or whatever, and everyone's supposed to wear Patriots gear, even though the Patriots are not playing until Sunday, which is not a school day. But whatever. I have one Patriots shirt: it has Wes Welker's name and number on it, and it was in some pile of dirty clothes because I had worn it for the AFC Championship game, but my mom was all like, "Where is it? Help me!" And I was like, "Fuck you, it's dirty." But she did not care, and then she locked Charles in the closet where I keep my pile of dirty clothes, so I had to get up and let him out, and I lost ten minutes of precious sleep. What the hell? Apparently, my mother is now wearing a dirty t-shirt of mine at her job. That doesn't seem very professional to me. Also, I'd best get that t-shirt back, because I clearly have to wear it on Sunday. Also also, this has just has made me want my own damn place more.

Jen got me this awesome baseball glove for my 22nd birthday, but I never get to use it, because no one will play catch with meeeeeeee. I need to make some softball-playin' lesbian friends, stat. If only I had actually played softball.

Aw, man, I actually bought "Rehab" from iTunes. That was foolish.

I went crazy and bought t-shirts today, despite the fact that I have no money, in a pitiful attempt to cheer myself up after realizing there is indeed no way I will be able to see Brandi Carlile until she and the boys carry on a full-on tour. Whenever the hell that may happen. From bustedtees.com, home of my "Everything is smaller in Rhode Island" t-shirt that was a big hit when I lived in Providence (but which they no longer carry, apparently):
I have an addiction to random t-shirts--I almost bought two more penguin-related t-shirts from threadless.com, but, um, if I have one penguin t-shirt already, I probably don't need any more, yeah? But I did find this one that is totally perfect for a book nerd like me:
An ancient library card! They totally don't use those anymore--kids these days probably don't even know what that is. I also like this one because it reminds me of Swimmy:
But of course they're both utterly sold out. Oh, threadless, you and your weird inventory system make me sad. Well, whatever, I really don't need any more t-shirts anyway.

No comments: