October 4, 2007

Broken promises add up

So I've been vibrating with anticipation all week, because tomorrow (tomorrow!) is the kickoff of my Brandi Carlile weekend. Miraculously, the week has totally flown by--it's already Thursday, y'all, and tomorrow night, I will be watching the girl I can't stop talking about perform right in front of my face. And I'll be doing it all again on Sunday, in Vermont. But apparently, stupid Liz rejected my request for Sunday off, and now I'm scheduled to work, and she's in effing Ohio, so I can't make her fix it. I don't know what to do, because the Devil will not take kindly to my telling her I can't work, because I'm probably one of two people scheduled to work that day (and she's a giant bitch). Whatever! I'm so done with that job, I don't care if she fires me. (But she can't afford to fire me, because I am awesome, and Christmas is coming, and if she does fire me, I'll just go work for Bruce in Manchester, so there.) I just don't know if I should wait till Sunday and call out or try to fix this. If only Ally were working tonight. She always takes care of these things for me. I keep getting scheduled outside of my availability, and if I am actually not doing anything else, I will go to work anyway, but this time, fuck it. I'm going to Vermont to see Brandi Carlile; I am not working at Bath & Body Works.

She's in New York right now. That's pretty close. She wore that Boy Scouts shirt at the concert last night--which brings me to my other dilemma. Do I bring my camera? It says right on the tickets "no cameras," but everyone's been taking pictures at her other shows, and the Orpheum, as far as I know, has no strict camera policy. I've only been there twice, but I don't even remember Jess, Katy, whoever getting their bags searched. Perhaps it's different now. It sucks that I'll be without my car in Boston, because if they won't let me in with a camera, I'll be fucked. When we were in Manchester, and Jess was denied entrance to the AI show with her camera, we could just go back and throw it in my car. No such luck in the big city. Maybe if I hide it in my bra...

No comments: