October 9, 2007

Things I forgot to say

In Boston, when she went to the piano (I think), some fool yelled, "Yodel!" and she totally parroted it back, which I thought was hilarious. But then she did do the yodeling from "Cowboy's Sweetheart" much later--during her encore I think--while they were having technical difficulties. And it was fun. I kind of love that. It's not just Jewel who yodels, y'all. Somebody else yodeled at some concert I went to--someone I didn't expect to. It was either Regina Spektor or Kelly Clarkson. What do you think?

In Vermont, while Mike and I were listlessly waiting for the show to start, he said something about betwixt being a fun word, with which I immediately agreed, and then I tried to use it in a sentence, but I couldn't come up with anything, so I said, "What are we betwixt?" And he said, "We are betwixt a hot lesbian and a smelly fat dude," which was true. And it made me laugh.

Also! In a moment of personal triumph, I actually talked to the pretty girl standing next to me. For like five seconds. About Josh. And then she somehow got pushed closer to the stage. The end. Actually, not, because, um, this girl was really pretty, and I got like temporarily obsessed, and while she was still standing beside me, she started talking to two random girls about Allison, telling them she was from California, because they were standing behind her, wondering where she was from. Which was how my conversation with her had started, too--I just said something like, "Josh? Josh Josh?" (like, to myself--because I talk to myself; I can't help it) because some lesbians had yelled his name and waved, and there he was, standing up at the top of the stairs to the backstage area. And the girl next to me was, like, "He's their cellist," and I was, like, "Yeah, I know," and I realized that sounded kind of bitchy, so I said, "I didn't believe them at first," and she even continued this, saying she thought she'd recognized him, but she'd never yell up to him like the lesbians did. I told her I'd never do that either. And that was the end of the conversation. But I am telling you this story, because when I am standing around, unable not to listen to other people's conversations, I answer all their questions in my head, just like this girl was doing--except she was actually answering questions outside of her head. So she's a know-it-all just like me, just with 100% less crippling shyness. Also, the weird thing was that she looked familiar, like I'd seen her at the Boston show--or maybe at the Hampton Beach show with the Indigo Girls. Which is possible, I suppose.

Anyway, now that I sound even crazier, I'll leave you with this:
The Vermont pictures are up, rotated and captioned, with the crappier ones weeded out.

No comments: