October 12, 2007

I'm so sad since you went away

Y'all! Thanks to the growth of my obsession (and those fine folks at againtoday.com), I have found a recording of Brandi's cover of "I've Just Seen a Face" in which she gets all the words right. All of 'em. Even the tenses--she says "is" instead of "were," just like Paul. And the quality is bangarang. It's kind of comforting to know I'm not the only Brandi spaz out there in the universe. Also, I think Mike likes her more than Jess does. I just don't get Jess... (Props to worldfalls.com for the Brandi bootlegs, too.)

Speaking of covers, she does this one of Ray LaMontagne's "Burn," which just totally slays me. The lyrics are kind of melodramatic and crazy, but she totally sells it, and it almost made me cry at the Y yesterday. (Whatever, I'm emotional sometimes, bitches.) Also, I think I can only listen to Ray LaMontagne's songs when a girl covers them. Miss Clarkson did a sweet cover of "Shelter" that I totally love. But I totally don't love him. At all.

God, I can't stop. I'm still high from last weekend. Or going through withdrawal. I can't decide. (I know those things are complete opposites, but shut up. My emotions are complex.)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I definitely feel you on the withdrawal thing! Hey where did you find that copy of "I've just seen a face"? Is it on the gmail account or that other hosting site? I've only ever been able to find really mediocre audio quality. :(

Booknerd said...

I found it at worldfalls.com--click "other artists," and there a bunch of Brandi concert bootlegs. "I've Just Seen a Face" is from the first Triple Door show. The one I like anyway.

Unknown said...

I have nothing to add to this post expect to further emphasize how great her cover of Ray LaMontagne's "Burn" is. There is just so much emotion in her voice, that it feels like she wrote these lyrics and that they really mean something to her. I love that cover.

sunnyday04 said...

Hmm, I am not quite sure who Missy is... or why I somehow posted from her blogger account...but that was by me... Sunny

Booknerd said...

Hmmm, not sure how I missed your comments, Sunny (perhaps this phantom "missy" is behind it), but word. I keep thinking it's actually her song, and I get sad when I remember some other dude wrote it.