October 18, 2007

I'm alone with my music and my tv

You know who else is really pretty? Sara Ramirez, from Grey's Anatomy. Prettier than Katherine Heigl, even, who holds the distinction of being the girl who got me to realize I was... kinda gay. When I was sixteen, and she was Isabel Evans on Roswell. Anyway! Sara Ramirez. Smokin'.

However. I can't watch Grey's Anatomy anymore. It's so fucking stupid, this George-Callie-Izzie triangle. And I still don't get how Meredith's father abandoned her when she was five, and she somehow has a half-sister who's only a year behind her in medical training. Did it take Meredith five extra years to finish med school? I blame all this on Marti Noxon, the woman who ruined Buffy, getting involved with this show sometime last year. She ruins everything.

But seriously, this George and Izzie thing is so stupid. Even if Callie weren't in the picture, I'd still hate it. George and Izzie are friends! Why can't straight men and straight women ever be friends on television? There always has to be some sort of awkward sexual thing, and that is retarded. Last season, I decided that if Bailey, Addison, Callie, and Cristina had their own show, it would probably be the best show on television. I really liked the scenes with just Callie and Addison, especially. Also, I used to love Izzie, because, you know, Katherine Heigl made me gay, but she was fun, too. Now she's just a stupid, spineless shrew. When she killed Denny, I was kind of like, "whuuuuuh?" but she redeemed herself a bit, somehow, and then she just got retarded about George and Callie, and it sucked. I don't like having to hate Katherine Heigl! This happened on Roswell, too--she was awesome in the first season, and then she slowly began to suck bigger and bigger rocks until she got married in the third season (and possibly graduated high school early or something) at the age of...well, nineteen at the oldest. Ridiculous! I pretty much stopped watching Roswell after Tess killed Alex, but I was vaguely aware of what happened in the third season, thanks to Ryan's entirely obsessive nature. And the fact that I couldn't quite let go of Isabel.

Aw, I really used to like Grey's--I even bawled like a baby during that three-part episode when Meredith died. That was so emotionally manipulative on purpose, but sometimes I don't care, and I just roll with it, and I cry, because sometimes you need to cry. Like when Beth dies in Little Women--you always need to cry when that happens. Unless it's the movie. I mean, no one loves Claire Danes more than I do, but she...didn't make me cry when she died. Winona Ryder kind of made me cry when she realized Beth was dead. Once or twice. Also, Winona Ryder as Jo March is really, really, really pretty, which is one of those things that bugs, because she had to be all, "I'm so plain, and I cut off all my hair, which was the only thing that was not hideous about me," and, like, you're Winona Ryder. Shut up. I know that was essential to Jo March as a character or whatever, but it's kind of a crock when your visual representation of Jo March is Winona Ryder. But you can't have plain people playing leading roles in Hollywood. That only happens in BBC adaptations of Jane Eyre. Or whoever did that one with Timothy Dalton.

Now onto something entirely different! At work last night, Liza told me that some dude came into the store looking for a girl with glasses "who said she was a lesbian." And I was, like, "What! I haven't been going around telling people, 'I work at Bath & Body Works, and also I'm a big dyke.'" Then I thought it might have been somebody Mike and I met at the 3, but...I don't talk to the people Mike and I meet at the 3 about myself. And then Liza said the dude said he met this girl (or the girl told him she worked) at one of those temporary Halloween stores somewhere in Nashua. So it was definitely not me he was looking for. Plus, apparently, a lot of lesbians work at the Salem B&BW, so maybe this mystery bespectacled lez works in Salem. Anyway. That was weird.

Is anyone watching Gossip Girl? That girl who was in the Pants movie and was not as pretty when sharing the screen with America Ferrerra and Alexis Bledel looks really pretty in previews. And I never like blondes (unless they're Katherine Heigl). It looks like The O.C. East Coast style, and I don't have any time to watch tv, but maybe it would be entertaining? And it has a pretty girl in it? And apparently it was based on some books? I like books. I really should watch those episodes of Friday Night Lights I haven't seen. And I'm totally not watching Top Model, and my DVR is not recording 30 Rock (!) despite the fact that I've set up a series recording for it. That is making me very angry. Maybe tonight, when I get home from work, Chuck and I will watch some tv. Maybe I'll even watch those episodes of Grey's I haven't seen, because Sara Ramirez is hot, and the latest one has Edward Hermann on it! Woo.

No comments: