October 16, 2007

Warning! Cat blog!

You know what sucks about having a pet? Cleaning up after it. I hate cleaning up after things. I totally want to spend $200 on a frickin' Roomba, so I don't have to vacuum ever again. But yeah. I definitely have to go home tonight and clean up after Charles Wallace. And me. I leave his empty food cans just sitting on the counter downstairs, and of course the litterbox has to be emptied, and blah, blah, blah. I also have to do laundry, but since the laundry doesn't stink up the basement like the litterbox can (and I still have clean underwear!), that will take a backseat. A wicked backseat.

Also, these days, he's been howling at night, waking me up every two hours, and I cannot abide that. Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed until 8:10, and thus I lost my opportunity to shower before work, and that was gross. He's such a whiner. And he's not like a kid, who will shut up if you ignore him long enough. Oh no. He has howling stamina. So if he howls, you have to pay attention to him, or he will legit howl all night long. Blargh. If only cute animals weren't nocturnal.

Anyway, despite all these horrible inconveniences, the little guy's worth it. I think I'll keep him around for a while. I mean, you'd have to have a heart of cold, dead marble to get rid of this little guy, right?

No comments: