October 29, 2007

That's right

I'm sorry, did I actually say I picked Dustin Pedroia over Mike Lowell? I have no idea what I was thinking. While it is true that I am a big fan of Mr. Rookie of the Year (and his dreamy, boyish smile), Mike Lowell is my man. My Red Sox shirt has his name on the back of it. Not Pedroia's. Now, lest you think I changed my mind or whatever once he was named World Series MVP, I actually came to my senses in the fifth inning when he slid home on Varitek's single. And then when he hit that home run. Dustin did good, but Mike Lowell was my man all season long, and I feel foolish for even thinking of forsaking him.

Hey, and thank god for Bobby Kielty, huh? Comin' out of nowhere to hit that home run that ensured the win. I love shit like that. I would also like to give it up for Dice-K for those two RBIs. Love it when the pitcher bats. LOVE IT. I also love to see David Ortiz field. Love it. Seriously, I'm so not havin' this DH rule. Then you have to choose between Papi and Youk in the World Series, and I don't like it. But I'm an American League girl. Have to be.

If the Red Sox let Lowell get away, like Trot Nixon, I will cry. But how the hell can you get rid of your World Series MVP? Right? RIGHT? I hate this part of professional sports. Hate it. Ugh, and if they replace him with A-Rod, I don't know what I'll do. Is there any foundation to this rumor? Who knows? But people are always talking about the Sox getting A-Rod. I don't want him! I don't care how many home runs he hits. He's a whiny bitch, and do you remember when he slapped the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove trying to get to first in the '04 ALCS? Who even does that? God, that was so gross. The fuckin' NYPD had to come out to the field to restore order in Yankee Stadium after all that bullshit so the game could continue. Seriously. I don't want that douche in Boston.

Um, anyway, hurrah. It was not as exciting as 2004, but it was still quite the good time.

No comments: