January 1, 2008

Books of 2007

Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson
Lady Knight by L-J Baker
Spindle's End by Robin McKinley
You're the Best!: 14 Stories about Friendship by Belinda Hollyer, et. al
Not the Only One: Lesbian & Gay Fiction for Teens by Jane Summer, et. al
Lyra's Oxford by Philip Pullman
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
The Cat's Pajamas by Ray Bradbury
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Am I Blue?: Coming Out of the Silence by Marion Dane Bauer, et. al
That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
Dynasty of Rogues by Jane Fletcher
Once Upon a Dyke: New Exploits of Fairy Tale Lesbians by Karin Kallmaker, et al.
18th & Castro by Karin Kallmaker
Rangers at Roadsend by Jane Fletcher
Good Moon Rising by Nancy Garden
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym by Edgar Allan Poe
The Rules for Hearts by Sara Ryan
Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Paradise Lost by John Milton
The Divine Comedy: Inferno by Dante
Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The General in His Labyrinth by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac
Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques
Taggerung by Brian Jacques
Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales by Ray Bradbury
Nora and Liz by Nancy Garden
Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters
Shoulders by Georgia Cotrell
The Walls of Westernfort by Jane Fletcher
The Temple at Landfall by Jane Fletcher
Pages for You by Sylvia Brownrigg
A Live Coal in the Sea by Madeleine L’Engle
Television without Pity by Tara Ariano & Sarah Bunting
I Have Chosen to Stay and Fight by Margaret Cho
Party Princess by Meg Cabot
Princess in Training by Meg Cabot
Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot
Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Best Book Overall: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Best Book Actually Released in 2007: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Best New Author: Philip Pullman
Best Surprise: The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
Guiltiest Pleasure: The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
Most Disappointing Book: Shoulders by Georgia Cotrell
Worst Book Overall: The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

2 comments:

sunnyday04 said...

I think that you may hate me after this. But, if we are being honest. Your 2007 list probably includes more books than I have ever read in my entire life. Because I want to continue to deface my character, I also would like to go on record as saying that I loved the "Devil Wears Prada." Back when my sister and I shared a house I would read her books when she was done with them. I got an interesting selection this way. She was a Social Work major, so I would get a "Fast Food Nation" and a "The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog" and then "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries." Very eclectic. At least I was reading...right right?
And to continue on.. I found this picture of myself to provide proof that I was indeed a Blink 182 fan. I'm such an embarrassment (not to mention an obvious masochist) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/sunnyday04/I%20wish%20I%20was%20a%20kid%20again/sdfdsf.jpg

Booknerd said...

Aw, come on! There are only sixty books there. Tell me you've read more than sixty books in your life. I mean, you listed four right there. There must be fifty-six more.

I don't know why you insist on loving everything I hate, but at least we enjoy a few of the same things. And The Devil Wears Prada was just so bad.

But at least you were reading, I'll agree with that--but only because I'm desperate to find people who are literate.

In that picture of you, it's not so much the Blink 182 t-shirt that worries me, but the swirly Nixon...thing you're posing next to. That frightens me.