January 9, 2008

Jumble, jumble all at my house

Hillary Clinton is not perfect, but I voted for her, because I am desperate for this country to have a female president--and I firmly believe that if anyone can handle being this fucked-up country's first female president, Hillary Rodham Clinton can. I would not vote for just any lady--I'm not insane. As an added bonus, my grandparents (all four of them) hate her! Bwa! I would not be too disappointed, though, if Barack were to ultimately win the nomination, because this country needs a first black president, too. At this point in this disaster, any Democrat will do, but Hillary and Barack are both lookin' good to me. Time to put power in the hands of someone other than a rich white dude.

Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee both terrify me, so I guess I would have to actually say that John McCain is the least odious Republican candidate. And then I will have to take a shower. Blech. But I feel confident, with the way New Hampshire has been going these days, that it'll never be a red state again. Or at least not this November. That was mortifying, when we were the one island of red in a sea of blue in 2000. I was too young to vote, and I felt impotent. It sucked.

I won't even get into how angry I was to see the fact that Hillary got choked up for a brief second while talking to voters made headlines. Seriously.

The Red Sox are playing the Orioles on my birthday, which is a Thursday this year, at 1:35 pm, at home. Bleacher seats are already $73 on StubHub. This is the one downside to winning the World Series, I suppose. But that's the only thing I want for my birthday this year, tickets to that game. And the day off, obviously, but that'll be much easier to secure than Red Sox tickets.

I have listened to "Downpour" at least 306 times--more, obviously, because one, I haven't synced my iPod with iTunes lately, and two, that doesn't even count how many times I've listened to the actual CD of The Story. The count is also so high because I have seven different versions of "Downpour." The one from Easy Street Records is my fave. Why, yes, I'm listening to "Downpour" right now. How ever did you guess?

What? I haven't talked about my crazy obsession with Brandi Carlile for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you made a good choice in voting for Hillary. While I agree that she isn't perfect, I think she is the Democratic party's best shot. Barack Obama is definitely a solid candidate, but with his strong showing in Iowa aside, Hillary is assuredly more electable.
Electability remains an issue simply because we can't be too careful. So what if the Republican field hasnt produced a single viable candidate? That doesn't mean the American electorate won't choose a Huckabee/Norris ticket, anyway.
Incidentally, I got the link to your blog from the AT site. My girlfriend and I read it from time to time and get a good chuckle. You're a funny kid.

Booknerd said...

Well, thank you. I'm always happy to entertain. And believe me, I remain terrified that this dumb country will elect another stupid Republican. But something must be done, and I'm sure gonna do what I can.