January 19, 2008

High nerd factor

Fly-by-night weekend blog update:

After years of outright Apple hatred, I finally caved, threw my principles out the window, and bought an iMac. It's lovely. I can't even handle it. It's almost better to watch tv on than an actual television. Like, right now, for example, I am watching the first season of 30 Rock, and it's totally awesome.

There was something else I wanted to say, but, like, 30 Rock is too funny. And Tina Fey is too pretty. And... the end!

Oh, wait, I remember. And I can't believe that I've waited so long to tell this story to the internet. For the first time in my life, I gave away a book. Seven books, actually. Seven of my favorite books, even. I know! I don't really know how I was able to let them go. Perhaps the fact that I also have them in hard cover helped. But Allison said she'd never read The Chronicles of Narnia and that she wanted them, so I just got up and threw her my paperback box set, because well... if someone wants to read a book that I have, I can't hang onto it, apparently. Hearing that someone wants to read makes me less materialistic.

Now, I just need Allison to tell me that she's reading them.

Also, I really don't need two copies of the same seven books, do I.

Also, also, in this episode that I am watching right now, Liz Lemon goes on a date with the guy who plays Miranda Otto's idiot cheating husband on Cashmere Mafia. And then finds out he's her cousin. Ewwww. I liked the balding guy with the Japanese pie watch better.

Hey, Seth!

No comments: