January 18, 2008

You're part of something good

I went to the beach last night just because I could, and it felt good to be outside, even in the biting cold. The beach smells different in the winter; the salt and sand smells are muted. By the cold? I don't know. But it was fun. I wandered around down by the water, singing "Have You Ever" out loud because no one was around, and looking for starfish. Mike claims he and Laura found frozen starfish on the beach in the winter once, but I still don't believe him. I tried to take some pictures, but it was way too dark for any of them to come out well. But! I posted them to flickr anyway.
Snow, rock, waves
I'll just have to go back during daylight hours. Maybe then I'll even polar bear it. But probably not. I am much more of a wuss these days than I was when I was a kid. I hate getting older. If you check out the larger size of this picture, you can see the ocean better. I liked those rocks up on the beach; I climbed them a little, but they were slippery, and I kept putting my hands in my pockets because it was cold and losing my balance. They're completely covered at high tide. I love the beach at low tide. I love the beach at night. I vow to go there more often this summer. Fuck work.

And just because, this is what my cat was doing when I got home from work the other night:

No comments: