January 8, 2008

A little TMI, maybe

I would just like to make this clear, for my own peace of mind: I don't fall in love with girls who wear glasses because I myself wear glasses and happen to have a narcissist complex (even though both of those things may be true). I wear glasses, because contacts freak me the fuck out, and if I don't wear glasses, I look...how shall we say this? Simple. I fall in love with other girls who wear glasses because Tina Fey put a spell on my soul. There. I totally needed to get that off my chest. Also, glasses don't work for blondes. The end!

While we're talking about me, let me go on to say that I have a horrible habit of biting my fingernails. I hate it when they get long, and I don't have the patience to, like, cut them, so I just bite them. Anyway, the nail of the middle finger on my left hand was gettin' long, so I chomped it this morning, and there was, like, some fiery Tobasco sauce remnant of death lodged underneath it or something, because as soon as I chomped, I couldn't feel my tongue. However, that did not stop me from continuing the chomping until the nail was the right length. Gross, huh?

Whenever I'm alone, I sing Tim's part of the "Turpentine" harmonies. Loudly. I may or may not have scared the cat. More than once.

Now that I've been thinking about it for, like, a whole day, I kind of want to marry who- or whatever wrote that spam and thought "festive" would be a seduce-y type of adjective. I wanted to say something like "Brandi Carlile is so fucking festive, I can't stand it," but I laughed (out loud, at work) before I could even type it, so I had to present it that way, in quotes, so I could even get it out of my system.

Um, not too many thoughts today. I am all out of lesbian television observations, and I haven't talked to Allison since Sunday night. Brandi Carlile hasn't done anything new. I don't want to get all political, because I end up getting all worked up and bitter, but I will say this: vote this month, bitches! Just don't vote for Mike Huckabee. He skeeves me right out of this world.

Speaking of right out of this world, the first time I read that information about Mars and Jupiter and whatever also getting warmer, my first thought was not, "Huh. That's weird," but rather, "Oh my god. We've done so much damage we've fucked up the entire solar system." Um, not so much, I know, but you can see I have a really high opinion of the human race these days.

So I finally, like, caved and bought an actual winter coat, because I apparently live in an area of the country where it, like, gets cold for four months of the year (at least), and now it's sixty degrees outside. I don't know what kind of brain meltdown I had that let me decide to buy something with "military inspired details," but my pacifist ass still likes the coat even after I recovered from the meltdown and looked at it again. Also, I hate winter coats, because they're all big and bulky and shit, and this was definitely the most wearable. It's probably not even what any self-respecting New England-er would call a winter coat, but it is warmer than the red zip-up hoodie I've been wearing.

You know, right after I wrote that thing about glasses on blondes not doing anything for me, I almost immediately found a blonde girl in glasses. She was pumping gas beside me, and I looked up, and I was like, "Dammit!"

Um, I guess I had more thoughts than I, um, thought.

2 comments:

sunnyday04 said...

Hm, glasses... I tend to go the route of stumbling blind throughout my day. It works for me because I'm not so myopic as to run into walls and such, but just enough to where most of my surroundings have a noticeable blur to them. I was pretty good about wearing glasses for awhile, because a lot of my freshman/sophomore courses were rather large...and I am a back of the class kind of girl. So, I could never read the board for shit. But, now that I have more intimate classes, I avoid wearing glasses if I can. I do use prescription sunglasses though...

However, yesterday I went to the optometrist and had to wear my glasses to pretend as though I'm a good patient. My dad always gets on my ass about not wearing them too... his dad was an optometrist, so he kind of plays the role of the know-it-all. This will not change my view on glasses. I still hate them, and I hate to wear them. They get in the way during basketball or whatever else I choose to play throughout the course of a day. Never have considered contacts though, I have an aversion to touching my eye ball. Yea, um no thanks.

I'm glad you decided to share your finger eating experience. That was lovely. I've never been a nail chewer. But my nails always stay really short. I have to keep my left hand trimmed for guitar playing and I don't want my right hand to end up like this:
http://www.nordinho.net/vbull/attachments/how-who-what-quizzes/25707d1174586974-what-world-record-can-you-break-im022.jpg
So... I keep em' short...with um, clippers.

---

I met someone who lives in New Hampshire yesterday. I wanted to punch her in the face because the second thing she ever said to me was that she was a student at Dartmouth. Her dad is an optometrist at the office I was at, and I'm pretty sure she mentioned being a Dartmouth student about fifty times in the five minutes I spoke with her. She did say that she got a shit load of winter clothes for Christmas because it's cold up there. Us Texans do not adapt to the cold so well. It's been hovering around 80 for several days here. It's actually disgusting how warm and humid it is.

Here's something random that was inspired by your comment about gas stations. Did you know that's it is illegal in Oregon to pump your own gas? I found that bizarre.

***
Also, noticing your twitter (which is a word that I cannot stand, and shall refrain from using in the future)... it looks as though SOMEONE has been watching the first season of the L Word. Correct?

Booknerd said...

You seem to have a complicated relationship with glasses, so I'll just...stay away from that. If it's worth anything, I think you totally rock the Tina Fey specs, though. I will agree that they get in the way of basketball-playing. I used to just play without them, but by high school I was too blind.

Ugh, those Ivy Leaguers are such snobs, aren't they? I've only been to Dartmouth once, and as much as I love visiting the middle of nowhere parts of New Hampshire, there is no way I could have lived there. Not like I could have gotten into Dartmouth, anyway. Still! Brown was my Ivy League of choice, but I am not as smart as I thought I was.

It is also illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey, which freaked me right out the first time I drove through there by myself. I hate it when people do things for me that I can do myself.

I liked season one of The L-Word, okay? It was everything that came after that that sucked. And some of the first season sucked. It's a very imperfect show.