January 22, 2008

Lists!

This one's for Sunny, since it's her fault I'm thinking in this manner these days.

Okay, I did the favorite books, so let's go for my ten favorite films. I already tried to do twenty a few days ago--I imagine this list will look different. Oh, these lists are all subject to change any time I see/hear/read something new. They're a strange mix of my favorites of all time and my favorites of right now.

Top ten films!
1. Wayne's World
2. Mean Girls
3. Clueless
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Kill Bill
6. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
7. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
8. But I'm a Cheerleader
9. Romy & Michele's High School Reunion
10. Lilo & Stitch
Honorable mentions: A League of Their Own, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Top ten musicians/bands!
1. I'm going to let you guess the number one.
2. Alanis Morissette
3. Joni Mitchell
4. Liz Phair
5. Regina Spektor
6. Kelly Clarkson
7. Rufus Wainwright
8. Ben Folds
9. Ben Kweller
10. Wilco
Honorable mentions: Indigo Girls, Guster, and The White Stripes

Top ten albums!
1. The Story (Brandi Carlile)
2. Blue (Joni Mitchell)
3. Jagged Little Pill (Alanis Morissette)
4. Hoist (Phish) [the first album I ever bought--on cassette!]
5. Rubber Soul (The Beatles)
6. Whip-Smart (Liz Phair)
7. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Wilco)
8. MTV Unplugged in New York (Nirvana)
9. Soviet Kitsch (Regina Spektor)
10. My December (Kelly Clarkson)
Honorable mentions: Despite Our Differences (Indigo Girls), Elephant (The White Stripes), Revolver (The Beatles)

Top ten songs!
1. Carey - Joni Mitchell
2. Down with Disease - Phish
3. Downpour - Brandi Carlile
4. Least Complicated - Indigo Girls
5. Addicted - Kelly Clarkson
6. Polyester Bride - Liz Phair
7. Michelle - The Beatles
8. Baby Jesus - Regina Spektor
9. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
10. Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco
Honorable mentions: I've Just Seen a Face - The Beatles; Right Through You - Alanis Morissette; The Ghost of Corporate Future - Regina Spektor

Top ten Brand Carlile songs!
1. Downpour
2. The Clock
3. Closer to You
4. Somewhere Along the Way
5. Hiding My Heart
6. How These Days Grow Long
7. A Promise to Keep
8. My Song
9. Have You Ever
10. The Story
Honorable mentions: Fall Apart Again, Late Morning Lullaby, Pride and Joy

And just to keep all the lists one place...
Top ten novels!
1. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
2. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
4. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
5. A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle
6. Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
7. The Cider House Rules by John Irving
8. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkein
10. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Honorable mentions: Spindle's End by Robin McKinley, The Neverending Story by Michael Ende

I would make more, but I've run out of ideas. Oh wait.
Top ten television shows!
1. My So-Called Life
2. 30 Rock
3. Futurama
4. Jeopardy!
5. Friday Night Lights
6. Project Runway
7. Gilmore Girls
8. Roswell (first season only)
9. South Park
10. Fraggle Rock

That reminds me: on Sunday, Martha asked me about Project Runway, and I was like, "Yeah, I've been watching it, and I am bitter about the dismissal of Kit," but then she wanted to keep discussing it, and I was like, "Shut up! There's a football game on." How rude of me. But, I mean, that Patriots game was making my brain short circuit.

I also got this weird myspace spam today, from some girl who was like, "I see you like Carrie Underwood, here's where you can listen to her new album online" or something, and I was like "What! Carrie Underwood? How dare you!" I fucking hate Carrie Underwood. That was not festive at all.

No comments: