December 6, 2007

Don't let Phil lead you down any paths

I am obsessed with this recording of Brandi's concert in Vermont. Ever since I went to my first concert, I've been dying to get my hands on a recording of a concert I attended, and this is pretty much the best one I could have gotten. I think it probably is the best concert I've ever attended. In my life. I can't even think of what comes close. Her show with the Indigo Girls. Her show at the Avalon--which was video-recorded! That was super awesome to watch again--especially because I was drunk when I was there. Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Which is why I totally only had one beer at each of the other Brandi shows I attended. Or maybe I had two at the Indigo Girls show. Whatever. That certainly did not make me drunk. I am still mad that Jody didn't request a song. I want to know what would happen if Brandi asked you if you wanted her to play something for you, and you asked for a song they hadn't been planning to play. When is that ever going to happen again? She asked you for a song! You didn't even have to drunkenly yell it out, all "Freebird!" She asked you to request a song. And you blew it. For instance, if it had been my birthday, and my annoying friend had not stopped screaming it until Brandi acknowledged us and asked if there was something she and the boys could play for me, I would have said, "Yes! Can you play 'The Clock'? Please? Pleeeeeeeease?" And then I would have gone to my old standby: "Downpour." Sigh. (PS, Brandi and boys, if you find yourself without somewhere to be on June 12, New England's lovely that time of year.)

If Brandi Carlile asked you if there was a song (of hers) she could play for you, what would you ask for?

I didn't get home from work until almost midnight, so I totally didn't watch Project Runway--I fell asleep trying to finish The Golden Compass. I need to read it again before I see the movie, and I fully intend to see the movie on Friday, with or without Michael. Oh! That is another reason I hate Christmas: Mike and I both have retail jobs, so we never effing see each other. I haven't seen him since last Friday. How bogus is that? So who wants to go see The Golden Compass tomorrow?

No comments: