December 16, 2007

So my choice is... or death?

I have a bunch of things to say. First of all, this snow that is blizzarding around in New England will not stop people from doing their Christmas shopping, but it will indeed stop me from being at the mall to wait on their asses. Well, the blizzarding snow and my horrible tires. I have asked Santa many a time for new tires for Christmas, and hopefully he'll come through.

Second: Eddie motherfuckin' Izzard is going to be the voice of Reepicheep in this crazy ass Prince Caspian film. I know I was having reservations about this movie, but they all just went out the window, because I think that it awesome. I fucking love Eddie Izzard.

Third: Brandi Carlile did indeed play "The Heartache Can Wait" at this Christmas show in Portland on Friday, and she did not play it on the piano. I think I like it on guitar, and as long as Josh is there, the song's still amazing, but the piano makes it more Joni Mitchell-ish. Which I like a lot, a lot. And she even acknowledged that her song was "River"-ish. Hooray. Now I would like her to learn a Joni Mitchell song for her next U.S. tour. "A Case of You" or "Blue" would be good. Thanks, Brandi!

Fourth: girl was barefoot at this Portland show. I saw a picture. But she was wearing that blazer she wore at the Avalon, and I do not love that thing. And as much as I want to meet her, the only thing I want to ask her is still whether she's read The Neverending Story. Is that weird?

Fifth (just so you'll be positive that I am weird): Last night, I met my mom and some of her friends out to dinner for her birthday, and I was exhausted, so I got kind of drunk on two beers again, and I declared that my mom was my favorite person in the whole world (this might, in fact, be true--but there's no need to verbalize this in public), and my mom's friend was like, "And who's second?" And I just went, "Hmm," like I'll never tell, and then I said, so just my mom could hear, "Brandi Carlile," and she just laughed. But that may also, in fact, be true.

Oh, of course it's not true. I haven't even made her fall in love with me yet. Mike! is my second favorite person in the whole world.

No comments: