December 7, 2007

Television overdose

God damn, 30 Rock was funny last night. I don't think I've laughed out loud at the television that much since Futurama was still new. There's a reason Tina Fey comes in second only to Brandi Carlile on my imaginary girlfriends list (sorry, Kelly). And it's not the glasses. Okay, it's not entirely the glasses. Oh, whatever. You love Tina Fey, too. You know you do.

Runway was rather underwhelming, wasn't it? And I found Jillian's collection alarmingly fug. Whatever fabric that was that they all used, it was hideous--it looked like denim, but I guess it wasn't? Was it gray? I really can't say. And I always hate shorts on the runway. Except that time Michael put Nazri in hot pink hot pants. That was okay. And so much for my love of Victorya. The way she treated Ricky was ugly--and I don't even really like Ricky. Except when he was trying to speak Elisa's language--that was funny.

Also alarming: I don't hate Christian anymore? (That is a question, one to which I do not know the answer.) I don't know--ever since the first two episodes, he's been kind of cute instead of gratingly fagalicious. Maybe he was just nervous. But he'd best start listening to Tim Gunn.

Speaking of Tim Gunn, I was watching his guide to style show after the Top Chef Christmas special last night, and god, is he ever better at this than Stacy and Clinton. Also, I love when he says, "That's a lot of look," because that is a classy Tim Gunn euphemism for, "That's fucking ugly, yo."

Also! Stephen, your Tim Gunn impression was terrible. I can't believe I'm saying this, but you are no Santino. Actually, say whatever you want about Santino, but that guy was fun to watch. Wendy Pepper was not; she just made me so damn uncomfortable--the bitch was crazy.

Where is Mean P, you guys? Sweet P was such a baby, freaking out about who from her team should go home. Laaaame.

This was a rather interesting challenge, but I never have very much to say about the clothes--except I totally preferred Kit, Christian, and Jack's collection to that of Jillian, etc. And Victorya, Ricky, and Elisa's was one hot mess. That should have been the end of Ricky--Chris seemed like such a sweet, fun guy. And Ricky's just kind of a whiny mess. Sigh. Maybe it's better if I don't get attached, so there's no Allison incident this year, and I don't have to feel a futile outrage like I did when Uli was robbed. Although, I think I love Kit Pistol a little bit more this week...

Oh! I also hate that the model-stealing is such a huge deal. Like, everyone was aware that Ricky had a hot model, so why should he be surprised that Jack wanted her? It's not his "true colors"; it's his trying to use the resources available to him to win the competition. Christ. The only time this was ever interesting was when Zulema demanded the "mother-fuckin' walk-off." Oh, season 2, you really were the best season ever.

So I didn't have to work last night, so I went out with a bunch of people after my real job, and got drunk on two beers, because I was exhausted. I got home at eight, passed out for an hour, woke up, ate some corn bread and watched Top Chef, talked to Mike, watched my DVRed 30 Rock and Runway, and fell asleep watching the episode of South Park when Cartman gets tamed by the Dog Whisperer. Best night ever.

How terrifying is this alternate reality? Alicia Silverstone was considered for the role of Angela Chase (apparently). No ones love Cher Horowitz more than I (that's probably not hyperbole, either), but she would have made the worst Angela Chase ever. Also, Clueless is the only good thing she's ever done, so thank god that ship sailed without her--and thank god for Claire Danes.

No comments: