December 11, 2007

I'm angry and boring

I hate Train. Mostly for that "Drops of Jupiter" song. I HATE them. I don't care if I love that song about pirates (that's not really about pirates) that Pat Monahan recorded. He recorded it with Brandi Carlile, and she alone cancels out my hatred for Train. But oh lord. "Drops of Jupiter" makes me want to stab myself in the face. I think I almost hate it as much as I hate Colbie Caillat.

I decided to pay my credit card bill this morning, and I found a mysterious charge from Front Gate Tickets, which is apparently located in Austin, Texas, on my list of things I've spent money on in the past month, and I was like, "What the fuck is this? I have never been to Austin, Texas. I have not even bought tickets to anything from a place that could be based in Austin, Texas, in, like, two months." Turns out Front Gate Tickets it the agency that provides tickets to Higher Ground shows, and it took them almost two months to charge me for the Brandi Carlile tickets I bought at the end of September. Christ.

I love Legos, and it is making me sad that my cat does too. Because he shows his love by destroying these amazing things I've built over the past, like, fifteen years of my life. Stop eating the monorail, Charles Wallace! But what can I do? I have nowhere to put them but the basement, which is Charles's favorite place. I almost want to buy more Legos, but that will just end in tragedy, I'm sure.

Monorail before my Godzilla cat ate it:
Somebody predict the future and tell me the fate of turning the rest of His Dark Materials into films. And do it now. Thanks!

iTunes loooooves Brandi Carlile. I can't get it to stop playing her. Like I'd want to. But it's more frequent than it should be when the stupid thing is supposed to be shuffling through over 5,000 songs. It just played her again! Twice in fifteen minutes. Like that's helping my obsession abate.

I took Thursday and Friday off from my real job this week, because I apparently have a lot of vacation time I need to use before the end of the year. Hooray for that, because I have to work at Bath & Body Works every night but Friday, and I think it might kill me. I can't even wait to see the schedule for next week, when the mall will be open till eleven. Blarf. Tell me, who wants to be shopping after ten o'clock? I know next week is the week before Christmas and all, but seriously? Eleven o'clock? And I don't know about the other stores at the mall, but Bath & Body Works takes forever to close, because the store is always a fucking mess at the end of the night, and we have to fix it and deal with the millions of boxes of gift sets they're still (needlessly) sending us, and if the store doesn't close until eleven, I won't get home until one. Fuck. That.

No comments: