December 25, 2007

Silver bells and open fire

So Christmas was more enjoyable this year than it has been in past years. No big family yelling matches, just your regular sibling squabbles--and mostly between the boys. I am far too dignified to squabble. I didn't get any big gifts this year, really, but that's okay. I did get The Simpsons Movie on DVD, though, so I think I plan to fall asleep watching that later. I also got a lot of Red Sox stuff, which apparently both my parents figure is a safe bet, because I really didn't tell them anything I wanted for Christmas. I did secure myself $50 to spend at Barnes & Noble, though--I definitely never have to ask for that.

Christmas Eve featured bad Chinese food and a raucous game of drunk cribbage with my mom and younger brother, and the highlight of Christmas Day was playing Rock Band with my brothers. The youngest one got it for Christmas, so we set it up on my dad's new HD tv and went to town. I discovered that I suck--and I was just trying to do the bass on easy mode, which has to be the easiest part of the game. I also sucked on the drums. Then I spent three hours begging my brothers to let me sing, because I know a lot of words to a lot of songs, but they refused. I can't imagine why--my voice is so mothereffin' melodious. Anyway, I got my chance when they gave up the tv and came back later wanting to play more video games, so they said I could sing if I relinquished control of the television. And we were awesome. We named our band Misscube, which is a misspelling of 'miscube,' which is a mispronunciation of 'miscue,' something we'd all been doing a lot in our games of pool in the past week. (It makes sense if you belong to my family, anyway.) I put the vocals on easy mode and kicked ass, especially on "Creep" (mostly because I listened to Brandi's cover for, like, a month straight), "I Think I'm Paranoid," "Celebrity Skin," and "Maps." I did fairly well on "Epic" by Faith No More, which I had never heard before, but I barely passed The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go," and I know that song rather well. I don't know what my problem was. "Say It Ain't So" was fair--I think because I kept tripping on the words. And then my brothers got bored--and started fighting. But we did secure ourselves a van, so if we ever feel like sibling bonding again, Misscube can go on tour! Sweet.

Anyway, hope everyone's Christmas was as weird and entertaining as mine.

Oh! I almost forgot: while my brothers were jamming out with Rock Band, I kept singing, "Ooh-wee-ooh, killer tofu!" Did that song have any other words? Then I started singing, "Bangin' on a trashcan/drummin' on a streetlight/strummin' on my banjo/one little voice keeps callin' me, callin' me." Oh, Doug. Nickelodeon will never air cartoons like that again. Okay, so here are the lyrics I found:
Fast food feels fuzzy
Cause it's made from stuff that's skuzzy
I always thought I was such a nerd
I refused to eat that strange bean curd
I wouldn't eat it, WOW!
But it ate you!

Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!

I eat my sugar cereal
But it makes my teeth bacterial (Eeyaeyo, Eeyae)
If you feel kinda cruddy, (Eeyae)
Just stick right by your buddy (Eeyaeyo)
I don't eat, t-t-t-t-t-too much fried food!
I don't remember the first verse at all, but I do now recall the second verse, especially the last line, with the stutter on 'too.' Oh, The Beets.

No comments: