November 14, 2007

Can't stop blogging

Okay, I have a problem. I finally, finally stopped listening exclusively to that girl I won't shut up about and just put my iTunes library on shuffle (5579 songs!), and it's played her six times. At this point, I'll just go back to listening only to her. I think I have a problem, because I tried to shuffle my iTunes library yesterday, and that only lasted ten minutes before I went right back to Brandi. Anyway, I kind of feel like I should chill out on her before I OD. Is there some kind of Brandi Carlile methadone, so I can wean myself off of this and not get sick of her? Because I don't care how good something is--if I over-expose myself to it, I can no longer put up with it. That's why I really can't sit through Wayne's World in its entirety any longer. Sad. It will be even sadder if that happens to Brandi.

So here's how badly I need to do laundry: right now, I'm wearing toe socks. Why I even have toe socks in the first place is a mystery, but I have run out of regular socks, and these things are driving me crazy. I like the look of them, actually, on my feet, but they just feel so awkward. My toes need to be free, dammit. Thus, I started a load of laundry on my lunch hour.

Speaking of things that cover feet, these might be the coolest sneakers ever:
But I am also partial to these:
because I love things that are plaid. I don't have nearly enough plaid in my life.

In other news, I don't think I like the Dave Matthews Band any longer. This has been coming for a few years, but now I've finally decided to admit it. Dispatch, too, is lost on me. And R.E.M. and the Eels. But I can't bring myself to get rid of any of it. Happily, I can report I still like the Counting Crows, Guster, Ben Folds, and Ben Kweller. Maybe I really should just do a music purge. Then iTunes will only play Brandi Carlile more often.

No comments: